Saturday, August 30, 2008

Candidates Night

This Wenesday, September 3rd, is Candidates Night at the Guild. There’s a dinner from 6:00 to 7:30, and then from 7:30 to 9:30 it’s two hours of brief candidate statements and a Q+A session. I don’t know if the Guild is still accepting RSVP’s, but if you haven’t made plans to go and are interested, I suggest calling 323/782-4602 on Tuesday.

If you’re on this site, you’ve been reading what I have to say, but I highly encourage you to come hear everyone else. I’ve never met most of my fellow candidates and I’ve myself only decided what to do with about half my ballot, so I’m looking forward to this.

My own attentiveness to the Guild began at one of these off-year Candidates Nights, the one in 2000. There may have been more candidates at the front of the room than members in the seats. But listening to 16 members concerned enough about our Guild to make the commitment to run and to serve was the beginning of my education.